Laconia Survey Inscription No. 37

Construction of east range, AD 1794

Inscribed marble block, built into inward-facing wall above archway leading to E gate (11481705). Sakellaropoulos 27
Marble, 0.35 x 0.30. Vacat 0.11 below, 0.02-0.04 elsewhere. Inscribed surface smooth. Whitewashed
AD 1794
Image: digital scan of squeeze.

Scanned image of squeeze of inscription no. 37


Greek Text



Records the construction of the east range at Agioi Saranda in AD 1794, when Martinianos of Chrysapha was abbot.



 Previous  Home  Introduction  Catalogue  Location Map Next